Featured Project: Mud Gallery
In March 2021, three MLA students submitted this project, entitled Mud Gallery, to Olympia Arts Month in Olympia, Washington. Their project took a closer look at the aesthetics of a restored estuary, with a particular focus on mud. This body of work explores our own evolving relationship with mud through a series of playful art explorations.
Thesis & Capstones
Our featured projects
- ASLA awards showcase, recognizing the work of our faculty and students
- Design activism, projects that address how landscape architects can become active agents of positive change in the world
- Drawing in Design, a lecture and workshop series that explores representation in design
- EXTENTS, our annual student-run publication showcasing the work and ideas of students, faculty and friends, providing a forum for critical discourse and exploration
- Green Futures Lab, a research and design collaboration that promotes the application and development of urban green infrastructure
- PAC Lectures, recordings from our public lecture series with professionals and academics organized by our Professional Advisory Council.
- Raising resilience, a 2019 UW Resilience and Compassion Initiatives Seed Grant project
- RE-IMAGINING Red Square, a creative ideas challenge and design competition for students
- Robert Buchanan image collection, a series of more than 600 images of drawing, paintings and prints covering over 50 years of teaching and art making
- Scan Design Master Studio, an interdisciplinary graduate design studio through the University of Washington’s College of Built Environments
- Student experience, a series of stories and perspectives by and about students in our undergraduate and graduate programs
- Urban Commons Lab focuses on research and public service that contribute to civic engagement and democratization of contemporary city-making.
- UW//LA Awards, a juried competition run by the UW Department of Landscape Architecture recognizing the best work from studios and capstone projects.